Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Jumping into a new Strategic Plan.

Our Strategic Plan has gone out of date. It officially became out of date on June 30, 2009. We have approval from the Board to extend our current plan until June 30, 2010.

As always, I will need lots of your help and ideas as we develop a new plan of action. I see this plan as a 2 year plan of activities since the economy is driving so much of the world we live in. I also see this plan as an opportunity to thoroughly examine how we do things (our processes) and see if there is a more effective way to do them. I still am a firm believer that the staff here is too smart and has too much to offer the patrons than to just stamp books in and out.

As our first step, I need you to read and think about what we do, who we serve, and what service areas we should emphasize. I have posted our current mission statement on our zoho wiki site. I have also posted our service areas we identified in the 2005 plan. Please check them out and make sure they are still relevant to the library we are today.

To stay on schedule of having a draft of the strategic plan ready by January 2010, please share your thoughts and comments directly on the wiki so we can all benefit from them. Share your comments on the mission and service areas by August 29, 2009.
Thank you.